Women make up 50% of the population, yet only 20% of the tech workforce. The numbers just don’t add up! Highlighting the obvious need for more women in tech is a topic that we hear quite often. While we do applaud those who actually do something sustainable to encourage more women to enter and advance their careers in the tech industry, there is still so much more that can and should be done.
We are going to double down on this mission! We are starting with a new column in eChannelNEWs dedicated to “Women in Tech”. We are also encouraging all women leaders, coaches and experts in the tech and business sectors to join, contribute and support in anyway they can afford #womenintech.
Here are the first 7 things that we are doing to accelerate women in tech, that is also sustainable.
- Building a board of 6 female advisors to steer the mission. Starting with Marie Wiese coordinated by our Global Events manager Gerlinda Ringe, others will soon be announced. This group will meet and exchange ideas often to ensure progress is made and the right path is always maintained.
- ChannelNEXT will reserve several Elite 300 Mastermind groups dedicated exclusively to women members with a customized conference experience.
- We will proactively seek out to build as many Elite 300 Mastermind peer groups as possible, exclusively for women leaders. These members will meet and collaborate throughout the year according to the level of membership program that they choose. The goal is to accelerate female-led businesses in the tech sector. In turn, this will inspire other women to follow in their footsteps.
- Regular “Meet-ups” for social networking across North America with some leading female keynote speakers.
- Constant news articles, podcasts, interviews and webinars of female business leaders and accomplishments in the tech sector will be featured in e-channelnews.com and social media.
- Extension of the message into the educational system to highlight the value proposition of women having a career in the technology sector, why it matters and to engage with female business leaders to inspire the next generation.
- A special award to anyone who demonstrates significant accomplishments in advancing the cause to have more women in technology. This will be added to our annual Reseller Choice Awards and The 50 Best Managed IT Companies Awards Gala.
We invite all female business leaders to connect directly with Marie Wiese and start a conversation. Explore what we are doing and consider being part of the solution.
Start by browsing e-channelNEWs to check out the weekly news updates, especially in the Women in Tech. If you wish to be notified of all upcoming activities for Women in Tech, please subscribe and check off the “Women In Tech” box.
Everyone regardless if you are in or thinking of entering the tech industry, is welcome to attend the Women In Tech Meet-Ups to network with other like-minded people. Some free tickets will also be made available from supporting sponsors who believe and want to support the mission. Come listen to the top female business leaders. Explore the possibilities and opportunities in the tech sector. Make IT happen!
Any female business owner in the IT channel is welcome to participate in the “trial” Elite 300 Mastermind peer groups at any ChannelNEXT conference. This will give you a very good idea if this is right for you!
Finally, all female business leaders in the IT channel are encouraged to join a group of 8 of their peers to start the journey to build a bigger, better, stronger and smarter business. We believe that working within a group of 8 like-minded peers will create the conditions to accelerate your business strength and success. See www.300elitemastermind.com
First step is to contact us to start a conversation with our Women In Tech team! http://300elitemastermind.com/contact-us/
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together”
Listen to podcast with Marie Wiese